7 x 7 Link Award
Although I have been plugging away at my blog for a while now, I admit I sometimes must push myself to keep going. So when a fellow blogger recently nominated me for a blog award, it was a welcome surprise.
Although I am a bit belated in doing so, I am happily accepting the 7 x 7 Link Award passed along to me by Assia at Assia’s Kaleidoscope.
Assia is a wonderful storyteller whose blog features terrific photos and great recipes, and I’m flattered to be nominated by her. I’ve gotten support and so many great ideas from fellow bloggers – I’m excited to pass the award along!
My duties upon acceptance are to:
• Thank the nominating blogger and link to his or her blog
• List 7 random facts about myself
• List 7 of my posts in 7 different categories
• Nominate 7 more bloggers
Seven random facts about me
1. I grew up in Texas and thrive in hot temperatures.
2. I would almost always prefer to be outdoors (except in cold weather).
3. I never cooked when growing up and didn’t have any interest in doing so.
4. My mother was (and is) a good cook so I got to enjoy great meals anyway.
5. I’m fascinated by water depth. (Large bodies of water.)
6. I hate to wear shoes.
7. I love Christmas but actually think Thanksgiving is my favorite day of the year.
Seven posts in seven categories
1. Most beautiful: (Wising I was on the Island) Gazpacho
2. Most helpful: Pinner Dinner: Using Pinterest to Plan Meals
3. Most popular: Cheese and Crab Brunch Bake
4. Most controversial: Grilled Pork – Lower Temperature, Juicier Chops
5. Most surprisingly successful: The Dining Room – Not Just for Christmas Anymore
6. Most underrated: Enjoying Shrimp and Creamy Spinach Feta Rice – thanks to Miss Arkansas Rice (and my mom)!
7. Most pride-worthy: Thai Chicken Soup – with an authentic Thai cook
I’ve “met” so many bloggers recently and seen so many great posts, it’s hard to pick just seven blogs! But here are a few I enjoy.
1. Malou at Going Dutch - Malou’s posts make me feel like I have a telescope that reaches half-way around the world.
2. Karen at Back Road Journal - I love going along with her on her travels and seeing local food and scenes.
3. The Jilb at Reini Days - She makes life seem so lighthearted, chronicling her kids’ antics and great recipes.
4. Greg at Rufus’ Food and Spirits Guide – constantly amazed at his and wife Katherine’s ability to post so often, with such great recipes, and amazing photos AND be so engaged and supportive in the blogging community. (How do they do it?)
5. Carrie at Our Life in Food – Carrie’s mouthwatering descriptions of the dishes she creates are always fun to read. (And they make me hungry.)
6. Afternoon D Lite – I’m a relatively new fan, but enjoy visiting this site because of the warm and engaging writing style – makes you feel like you’ve just had a chat with a friend.
7. Emily Lauren Holley – her down-to-earth reflections are a treat to read, especially when life becomes a little too stressful.